Thank God it’s Friday, the last working day of this week. And to make this day happier, the courier has delivered in advance a box full of beers I’ve ordered on Hopt webshop. You’re probably wondering which beers were in that box: let’s find out!
You should know some weeks ago I was checking my statistics on Untappd: I learned with great disappointment that with the free account the statistics are available for just one week. So I took my own profile page and exported it into a spreadsheet (I’m also a software engineer, nothing easier). Finally I was able to create statistics of all beers I’ve tried including the production countries. I’ve noticed a little sadly that I’ve touched only 28 countries (see picture below).
So I searched in the various webshops where are more countries available, finding them on Hopt. Using search filers I added to cart the most interesting, about one for each missing country:
- Hinano, a Polynesian Pale Lager
- Iki Ginger, a beer with ginger and green tea, sold as Japanese but lately I discovered that Iki Beer is a brewery located in Holland
- Gweilo, a Tropical Lager brewed in Hong Kong
- Sparkling Ale, as the name says an Australian Sparkling Ale, brewed by australian Coopers
- Cobra India Pale, a Lager produced by Cobra brewery with establishments in India, UK and Belgium. Sold as Indian, let’s assume it’s Indian.
- Quilmes Clasica, Lager brewed in Argentina by Cervecería y Maltería Quilmes brewery
- Saigon Special, Lager brewed in VIetnam by Sabeco brewery
- Singha, Lager by Thai brewery Boon Rawd Brewery (it seems that is brewed in Germany and distributed from Thailand)
- Tiny Rebel Key Lime Lager, brewed in Wales by Tiny Rebel
- Gin and Tonic IPA, brewed in Lithuania by Sakiškių Alus brewery
- India Pale Ale, brewed in Lithuania by Sakiškių Alus brewery
- Gunnamatta, IPA brewed in New Zealand by Yeastie Boys brewery
- Pretty Green, Pilsner brewed by Yeastie Boys in collaboration with scottish brewery Loch Lomond
- Casablanca, Lager brewed in Morocco by Groupe des Boissons du Maroc
- Icelandic White Ale produced in Iceland by Einstök Ölgerð brewery
- Red Stripe, an American Lager brewed in Jamaica by Desnoes & Geddes brewery
- Little Creaturs Pale Ale by australian brewery Little Creatures
- Matiné Session IPA, brewed in Portugal by Dois Corvos brewery
- Voragem, Black IPA, brewed in Portugal by Mean Sardine Brewery
- Cool Earth Lager, brewed in Holland by Lowlander Beer brewery
- Out of Office, Session IPA from Estonia brewed by Sori Brewing brewery
- 45 Days IPL, an India Pale Lager produced in Denmark by To Øl brewery
As selling rules, Hopt webshop requires in the cart a multiple of six beers to fill up the box and completer the order, so two beers were missing. I admit, I have chosen these two beers from two famous breweries only for the can graphics:
- Bravehops, IPA brewed by Uiltje brewery in Hollsnd with Braveheart themed can
- Ghost Visions Lager, Pilsner brewed by Mikkeeller from Denmark with Game of Thrones themed can
Now I just have to face this tasting trip, I’ll keep you updated with my reviews. Cheers!